About the writer:
Sarah Lambert has been living in the City of Brotherly Love since 2001. A country transplant brought by the Love of the Father and The Hope of the Son, she met her husband through their ministry in the city. They have 6 children ranging from 11 years to 7 months old whom she homeschools at various stages. Sarah enjoys the outdoors, baking, music, and learning about herbs, natural remedies and homeopathic medicine.
About the Blog:
Seeking to support and encourage homeschoolers in the city, Gwen Fredette created the blog,“Philadelphia Homeschool.” She wrote weekly articles for the site from June 2011 until June 2016 and was a committed homeschooler for over 14 years. Gwen is the author of three homeschool science curricula, The Glory Of Kings , and the free online History Curriculum, U Read Thru History . Recently she also finished writing her first children’s novel. A committed Christian, Gwen strives to exalt Christ in all of her work.
Please note ALL of Gwen’s old posts are still archived here on Philadelphia Homeschool. To view past posts- type in a word in the search box, click on one of the side bar categories or look by month and year.
Passing the baton onto Sarah Lambert, “Philadelphia Homeschool” continues with the same hope and goal of Godly encouragement, timely posting of classes and events in and around Philly for the homeschooling community. I hope that you will stick with me at the wheel and God still in the helm of “Philadelphia Homeschool Blog“!
Some great things on this blog are posts related to:
- Following Christ as we homeschool our children
- Articles of encouragement and support
- Practical tips for making homeschooling easier
- Practical, money saving tips
- Great Resources/classes/programs for homeschoolers particularly in and
around the Philadelphia area
- Fantastic field trips for homeschoolers in and around Philly
- Tips for how to enroll your child in programs offering kids free tickets to
theme parks, shows, etc.
- Ideas for fun homeschool traditions
- Contests for Homeschoolers
Do you have a question, comment or thought? Please contact me at email@example.com.