- All Ages: (Woolworking) Thursdays 10am – 12pm; Beginning October 9th, 2014 AND/OR
- Grades K – 4 (Color & Composition) 1st Semester/New Students -Fridays 1pm – 3pm; Beginning October 10th, 2014
- Grades K – 4 (Color & Composition) 2nd Semester/Returning Students – Fridays 10am – 12pm; Beginning October 10th, 2014
- Grades 5 – 8 (Color & Composition) 1st Semester/New Students – Wednesdays 1pm – 3pm; Beginning October 8th, 2014
- Grades 5 – 8 (Figure Study) Thursdays 1pm – 3pm; /Beginning October 9th, 2014
DURATION: 6 weeks of instruction; Art show & reception on 7th week
COST: $50 for 6 weeks of instruction; $25 for each additional sibling
- K-4th grade- Color and Composition — Using paint, pencils and other media, we’ll learn basic color theory and composition skills. We’ll draw and paint mostly from life, using various techniques to help us see and re-create the world around us. Class will involve some finger painting, so wear a smock or play clothes.
- 5th-8th grade- Color and Composition — Using a variety of media, we’ll learn basic color theory and how to apply it both to our in-class art projects and to “real life”. We’ll learn techniques for improving accuracy in drawing, as well as ways to create focal points and use art to tell stories. Some mess-making is expected, so wear a smock or old shirt.
TEACHER BIO: Georgia Franchetti is a homeschooling mother of five. She and her husband, Matt, met as children in a homeschool group and have been involved in the homeschooling community for most of their lives. Georgia studied art at the Philadelphia High School for Creative and Performing Arts, and studied costume design at Temple University and Penn State. She has worked as a summer camp art instructor, mural painter, and seamstress. Always eager to try new things, Georgia has made jewelry, dolls, prom dresses, quilts, and has recently been learning to crochet. She currently teaches homeschool art classes from her home.
TO REGISTER OR FOR MORE INFORMATION: Please contact Georgia Franchetti ASAP. Please include the following:
- Student Name(s)
- Class(es) you plan to take
Her email is: email@example.com Classes begin next week!
– – – – – – – – – – – – –
- PRE – K : Friday, October 3rd, 10:30 – 11:30am
- Grades K – 8: Friday October 3rd, 1pm – 2:30pm
- Pre – K Tour: $10 per family (Free for PAFA members)
- Homeschool Workshops K – 8: $8 per student ($5 for PAFA members) Children under 3 are free.
- Pre – K: Pre- K Tour: Pre-K tours engage young minds through art education and multi-disciplinary learning interactive gallery activities. Come sing our Museum Manners song!
- Grades K – 8: Contemporary Art & Scale: Each Homeschool Workshop consists of a 45-minute tour in the Museum galleries, and a 45-minute art-making activity. Workshops take place on the First Friday of the month. Parents welcome!
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Please click on this link: http://www.pafa.org/museum/Education/Homeschool-Workshops/1490/ or here: http://www.pafa.org/museum/Education/Families/Family-Tours/1378/
– – – – – – – – – – – – –
WHAT: Drama Auditions for Seussical! the Musical
WHERE: Emanuel Resurrection Episcopal Church, 8201 Frankford Ave Phila, PA 19136
WHEN: Thursday, October 9th: 6:30 pm – 10pm and Sunday, October 12th: 2pm – 6pm AND Thursday, October 16th: 6:30 – 9:30pm and Sunday, October 19th: 2 – 6pm
- Thursdays 6pm – 9pm &
- Sundays 2pm – 6pm
AGES: 5 & up
FINAL PERFORMANCES: January 15 – 18th, 2015
TO AUDITION: Please prepare to sing two songs of conflicting styles; please also bring a CD of the music with you to the audition.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Please contact Centerstageshows@gmail.com and click on the flyer below.
To find out about more upcoming homeschool advents (listed in Chronological order) please click here: