Philadelphia Homeschool Evaluators & Evaluations 2014
Hello Fellow Homeschoolers!
It’s that time of year — time to start scheduling evaluations.
Pauline, from the “Ask Pauline” Website, has done a fantastic job of compiling a list of evaluators for homeschoolers in and around Philadelphia. Please check out her site if you are looking for an evaluator for the first time. You can get to her site by clicking HERE.
In general, you will need to take your child to a homeschool evaluator if:
- You are homeschooling through the Traditional Method (not via Virtual Charter School, not via Private Tutor, and not through a “Day School” or “Church School” extension) AND
- Your child turned 8 or above before the start of the 2013 – 2014 school year
*** Disclaimer: There are exceptions to those principles listed above. This information is meant to be helpful, not controversial. For questions/concerns see below:
- For questions about homeschool law, please see a copy of PA Homeschool Law by clicking HERE.
- You can also contact the Homeschool Legal Defense Association with any questions you may have pertaining to evaluations and the law. You can get to the HSLDA site by clicking HERE.
- This page, from the askpauline website, is also a helpful tool regarding evaluations: http://home.comcast.net/~askpauline/hs/homeschoolevals.html.
PHILADELPHIA HOMESCHOOL PORTFOLIO SUBMISSIONS
2013 – 2014 SCHOOL YEAR
All Homeschoolers* in Philadelphia should have received an email or letter from the School District indicating when and where Homeschool Portfolios can be submitted for the 2013 – 2014 school year. If you did not receive a letter from the school district, or have other questions pertaining to portfolio submissions, please contact the Homeschooling Office via email at email@example.com. Their phone # is 215-400-4200 or 215-400-6695.
If you have questions about portfolio submissions in regard to homeschool law, HSLDA is always a great resource. Their website is: http://www.hslda.org/
*NOTE: These Portfolio submissions do not apply to students attending virtual charter schools.
I’m always adding additions to my “Upcoming Events” page, including special “Homeschool Days” at various places near the city. Please stop by and check it out. You can reach the page by clicking on the tab at the top of this blog or by clicking here: https://phillyhomeschool.wordpress.com/upcoming-events/
Posted by Gwen Fredette on April 22nd, 2014