- Grades K – 4 (Color & Composition) Fridays 10am – 12pm; Beginning May 2nd, 2014
- Grades 5 – 8 (Drawing Skills) Thursdays 10am – 12pm: Beginning May 1st, 2014 AND/OR
- Grades 5 – 8 (Color & Composition) Fridays 1pm – 3pm; Beginning May 2nd, 2014
DURATION: 6 weeks of instruction; Art show & reception on 7th week
COST: $50 for 6 weeks of instruction; $25 for each additional sibling; Any 5 – 8th graders who sign up for both classes will get the 2nd class for $25.
- K-4th grade- Color and Composition — Using paint, pencils and other media, we’ll learn basic color theory and composition skills. We’ll draw and paint mostly from life, using various techniques to help us see and re-create the world around us. Class will involve some finger painting, so wear a smock or play clothes.
- 5th-8th grade- Drawing Skills — Using pen, pencil and charcoal, we’ll develop the skills needed to create vibrant, life-like drawings. We’ll learn ways of using each medium to create highlight and shadow, techniques for drawing more accurately, and skills for making finished drawings look more polished.
- 5th-8th grade- Color and Composition — Using a variety of media, we’ll learn basic color theory and how to apply it both to our in-class art projects and to “real life”. We’ll learn techniques for improving accuracy in drawing, as well as ways to create focal points and use art to tell stories. Some mess-making is expected, so wear a smock or old shirt.
CLASS SIZE & CLASS INFO: Maximum of 6 students per class; 5th – 8th graders can take one or both classes.
TEACHER BIO: Georgia Franchetti is a homeschooling mother of five. She and her husband, Matt, met as children in a homeschool group and have been involved in the homeschooling community for most of their lives. Georgia studied art at the Philadelphia High School for Creative and Performing Arts, and studied costume design at Temple University and Penn State. She has worked as a summer camp art instructor, mural painter, and seamstress. Always eager to try new things, Georgia has made jewelry, dolls, prom dresses, quilts, and has recently been learning to crochet. She currently teaches homeschool art classes from her home.
TO REGISTER OR FOR MORE INFORMATION: Please contact Georgia Franchetti ASAP. Her email is: firstname.lastname@example.org Classes begin in 2 weeks!