Evaluations & Portfolio Submissions in Philly
1. HOMESCHOOL EVALUATIONS IN PHILADELPHIA
Can you believe the school year’s almost over? If you haven’t already done so, now’s a good time to schedule an appointment with your evaluator.
You will need to have your child’s work evaluated if:
- You are homeschooling* and your child is 8 or older.
- You are homeschooling* and you turned in goals and objectives for your child.
- You are homeschooling* and your child was previously enrolled in a public or private school.
* Please note: If you are homeschooling via virtual charter school, you should follow your school’s requirements.
For more information about evaluations please click here: http://home.comcast.net/~askpauline/hs/homeschoolevals.html or for a list of evaluators in Philadelphia, please see this helpful website: http://home.comcast.net/~askpauline/hs/homeschoolevallist.html
2. HOMESCHOOL PORTFOLIO SUBMISSION IN PHILADELPHIA
The Philadelphia school district is now requesting that homeschoolers have their portfolios submitted at the Office of Counseling and Promotion Standards at 440 N. Broad St. Philadelphia, PA 19130.
Appointments can be made for Mondays or Thursdays beginning May 14th to June 25th from 10am to 6pm.
Homeschoolers will need to include the following in their portfolio submission:
- Portfolio of student’s work for the 2011-2012 school year
- Proof that your student has completed 180 days or required number of hours of work
- Standardized test results for students in grades 3, 5, & 8.
- Proof that the portfolio has already been reviewed by an evaluator
- The school district is also requesting paperwork for the 2012 – 2013 school year
To schedule an appointment, please email Sandi Hollie at email@example.com.
For more information on Portfolio Submissions to the Philadelphia school district please see this attachment: THE SCHOOL DISTRICT OF PHILADELPHIA
Posted by Gwen Fredette on April 12, 2012