Here’s a few more great activities that your kids can take advantage of during the Summer of 2011:
7. $1 Movies: Kids can watch movies for only $1 every Tuesday and Wednesday at participating theaters. Check out this link for more information. http://www.regmovies.com/summermovieexpress/default.aspx
8. Free Young Peoples Concert Series at the Mann Music Center: Give your children the free entertainment of music and dance at the Mann. They are hosting four free shows this summer. Check out this link for more details. http://manncenter.org/events/list?term_node_tid_depth=21&date_filter%5Bvalue%5D%5Bdate%5D=2011-06-15&field_artist_nid=All
9. Don’t forget to take your kids to Pennypack or Wissahickon Park! Both of these parks are part of the Fairmount Park system and give families the opportunity to “get out of the city” while they’re still in it. Whether you’re going for a bike ride or just a hike, they’re a great place to visit.
10. Two Free Nights at the Franklin Institute: Target Community Nights at the Franklin Institute are fantastic, and they’re free. This summer the free nights are on July 20th and August 17th from 5 to 8pm. Check out this link form more details: http://www2.fi.edu/visitor-guide/events/community-events.php
11. Free Craft Projects at Michael’s crafts: If your kids enjoy working with their hands, some of these activities might interest them. Check out this link. http://www.michaels.com/Store-Events/store-events,default,pg.html
12. Barnes and Nobles free book program: Barnes and Nobles will give each child a book after completing an 8 book reading record during the summer. Check out this link: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/summerreading/index.asp
Philadelphia has a large list of great activities for kids during the summer. If there are some great ones I’ve missed, please feel free to share them in the comments section of this blog!